How Digital X-Rays Benefit Dentists and Patients
Digital x-rays have revolutionized the dental industry. They provide dentists with accurate, real-time images of a patient's teeth and oral cavity, which helps them provide more accurate diagnoses and treatment plans. Not only do digital x-rays benefit dentists, but they also benefit patients. Patients can rest assured knowing that they are receiving the highest level of care possible. As a dentist in Nanaimo, we’re proud to be able to offer digital x-rays to our patients!
Types of digital x-rays available
- bitewing: used to detect cavities in between the teeth and at the gum line
- occlusal: used to check for tooth decay on the chewing surfaces of the back teeth
- periapical: used to check for infection or disease around the root of a tooth
- full mouth: used to get an overview of all the teeth in the mouth
3 benefits of digital x-rays:
- Reduced radiation exposure: Digital x-rays emit up to 90% less radiation than traditional x-rays, making them a safer option for patients.
- Immediate results: Digital x-rays provide dentists with immediate results, so they can start working on a treatment plan right away.
- Enhanced images: Digital x-rays provide enhanced images that are more detailed and easier to interpret than traditional x-rays.
Digital x-rays are a safer, more accurate option for both dentists and patients. To learn more, contact our friendly, caring team.
Meet our digital x-ray technology
- Increase accuracy
- Low levels of radiation
- Fast turnaround time
- More cost effective than film x-rays
- They don’t cause any discomfort