Root Canal Therapy: The Benefits for Dental Patients
If you're like many people, the thought of root canal therapy probably makes your skin crawl. But what if we told you that root canal therapy is not only a necessary treatment for dental patients, but it also has a number of benefits? At our dentist office in Nanaimo, we believe that root canal therapy is an important part of oral health care and we want to share with you some of the benefits it can offer.
Root canal therapy is a treatment that is used to save teeth that have been damaged by decay or infection. The procedure involves removing the damaged tissue from inside the tooth, cleaning and disinfecting the area, and then filling and sealing the tooth. Although root canal therapy sounds like a daunting procedure, it is actually quite effective in saving teeth and restoring them to their former glory.
There are a number of benefits that root canal therapy can offer dental patients, including:
- Relief from pain: One of the most common reasons why people seek root canal therapy is because they are experiencing tooth pain. The procedure can effectively remove the source of the pain and help you to feel comfortable again.
- Prevention of tooth loss: If a tooth is left untreated, the decay or infection can spread and eventually lead to tooth loss. Root canal therapy can help to prevent this from happening by treating the problem before it gets too severe.
- Improved oral health: By removing the source of decay or infection, root canal therapy can improve your overall oral health. This is because the procedure helps to prevent the spread of bacteria and prevents further damage to your teeth.
If you are experiencing pain or discomfort in one of your teeth, we encourage you to contact our dentist in Nanaimo as soon as possible. We can determine if root canal therapy is right for you and help you to restore your smile. Give us a call today!
Reach out about root canal therapy now
- A safe & effective way to save teeth
- Can often be done in one visit
- Minimal discomfort is involved
- This procedure has a high success rate
- Preserve tooth structure for the future