Why You Might Want to Get Dental Inlays and Onlays
Find out if inlays or onlays are for you
- A great way to restore teeth
- Durable and will last years with good care
- Usually, treatment takes just one visit
- More affordable than dental crowns
- Matched to the colour of your natural teeth
If you're in need of a dental restoration, you may be wondering if inlays and onlays are the right option for you. Inlays and onlays are two types of dental restoration that are used to repair teeth that have been damaged by decay or trauma. Both inlays and onlays are made of porcelain or composite resin, which means they look natural and can restore the function of your tooth. So, why might you want to get inlay or onlay? Keep reading to find out!
What are dental inlay and onlays?
A dental inlay is a custom-made restoration that is used to fill in a tooth that has been damaged by decay or trauma. Inlays and onlays are made of porcelain or composite resin, which means they look natural and can restore the function of your tooth.
How are inlays and onlays placed?
The first step in placing a dental inlay or onlay is to remove the damaged tooth material. Once the damaged tooth material has been removed, an impression of the tooth will be made. This impression will be used to create your custom inlay or onlay. Once it has been created, it will be bonded to your tooth using a strong adhesive.
What are the benefits of a dental inlay and onlays?
There are many benefits of a dental inlay and onlays, including:
- They look natural: Inlays and onlays are made of porcelain or composite resin, which means they look natural.
- They are durable: Inlays and onlays are very durable and can last for many years with proper care.
If you're considering getting inlays or onlays, be sure to talk to your Nanaimo dentist about whether this is the right option for you. In some cases, another type of dental restoration may be more appropriate. Your dentist will be able to help you make the best decision for your smile!